Policy & conditions
Midtown Toronto Piano Studio Policy
1. All parents/guardians are welcome at any time to observe. Only one parent or guardian is allowed to stay at the time of the lesson.
2. The policies for online and in-person lessons are the same. When mandated by the Government, the Studio will work online exclusively.
Lessons are 30, 45, or 60 minutes long and can take place at the studio or online.
– Monthly 4 Lessons: Weekly lessons booked one time a week, for 4 weeks. Payment must be received before the first lesson, this payment will add up to the total cost of the number of lessons to be received during that period.
– Trimonthly 10 Lessons: Weekly lessons booked for 10 weeks in a period of 3 months. Payment must be received before the first lesson of the month, this payment will add up to the total cost of the number of lessons to be received during that period.
-The student or representative has the option to make payments in cash, via etransfer or credit card.
– If e-transfer is chosen as a payment option, transfers are payable to [email protected]
– When a credit card is preferred, the monthly fee is received through the Studio’s website. No personal data is stored.
-The studio works year-round withholding only the national holidays accountable.
-If a lesson falls on a national holiday, arrangements will be made to reschedule accordingly.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
When is safe to do so and regulations allow to attend in-person ALL the students at the Studio are required to follow the heanlth and safety guidelines dictated by the government. Masks, face shields, or face covering of preference must be worn. Wash their hands upon arrival and departure and remove the shoes at the door. Piano keys, doorknobs, and pedagogical materials are disinfected in between students to guarantee their safety. Only one parent or guardian is allowed to stay to observe the lesson.
– Once enrolled, we encourage students to attend their lessons in their respective schedules in order to develop tangible progress. However, cancellations or rescheduling of lessons can be arranged with a notice of up to 24 hours.
– In case there is less than 24-hour notice no refunds can be arranged.
UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS ON ATTENDANCE
If a student needs to take a break or pause piano lessons a notification via email or phone is needed 2 weeks before the fact to make necessary arrangements to coordinate and schedule any unused lessons. No refunds will be offered. In case of late notice a fee will be charged to release their schedule spot (50% of monthly payment)
If the teacher needs to update the calendar for forced circumstances students will receive notification 3 days in advance.